CLCS Awards 23 Academic Programming Grants in Spring 2018 Cycle
November 26, 2018 English | Center for Literary and Comparative Studies
Programs funded will include lecture series, conferences, workshops, lectures, and more, and will be organized by undergraduate students, graduate students, professional track faculty, and tenure track faculty.
Legacy Lecture Series:
- Chanon Adsanatham, Tenure-line faculty, Language, Writing, Rhetoric Speaker Series. October 2018 and March 2019
- Lindsay Bernal, Staff, Creative Writing Program. Writers Here & Now. 9/26/18; 11/7/18; 12/5/18; 2/13/19; 3/13/19; 4/10/19.
- Tita Chico, Tenure-line faculty, English, 18th-c reading group, Supplement (part 2) for 18th-c reading group, spring 2019
- Theresa Coletti (submitted in consultation with S. Trudell), Tenure-line faculty, English, Medieval and Renaissance/Early Modern Area Group, Marshall Grossman Lecture Series, 2018-19 Academic year, 10.29.2018, 12.03.2018, and spring semester.
- Robert S. Levine, Tenure-line faculty, English, Local Americanists, fall 2018-spring 2019
- Laura J Rosenthal, Tenure-line faculty, English. Eighteenth Century Reading Group (part 1), Sandra Sherman and Viv Soni, fall 2018.
- Jason Rudy (with Martha Nell Smith), Tenure-line faculty, English. Transatlantic Studies Group. Lecture Series 2018-19. 10.26.2018 and spring semester.
- Orrin Wang, Tenure-line faculty, English, Washington Area Romanticists Group, The Tax of Quick Alarm (GMU, October 13, 2018); The Body of Frankenstein (UMD, November 9, 2018).
- Aqdas Aftab, Graduate Student, Trans Theory Reading Group, Fall 2018
- Lauren Baker, Undergraduate Student, English and Classics, The Paper Shell Review. Publication of The Paper Shell Review, Spring 2019
- Ralph R Bauer, Tenure-line faculty, ENGL, 2018 ARHU Undergraduate Research and Arts Celebration. Spring 2019.
- Chen Edrei, Graduate Student, ENGL/CMLT. CMLT History and Time Theory Reading Group
- Derek Shane Ellis, Graduate Studentd, English - Creative Writing. Larry Levis: A Late Style of Fire Symposium & Film Screening, Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Jessica Enoch, Tenure-line faculty, English, Rhetoric Society of America Institute, June 3-9, 2019.
- Annesha Goswami. Undergraduate Student, English Undergraduate Association, Writers Dead and Gone Series, Fall 2018: 9/25, 10/30, 11/27. Spring 2019: 2/26, 3/26, 4/30.
- Gerard Holmes, Graduate Student, English, Humanities Beyond the Academy, Humanities Beyond the Academy. 3 in fall, 3 in spring
- Michael Israel, Tenure-line faculty, The UMD Living Language Project. Language Matters: A Roundtable Discussion and Movie Series on the Diversity of Englishes. Roundtable; two movie events each semester.
- Michele M Mason, Tenure-line faculty, SLLC/CMLT. Nuclear Futures in the Post-Fukushima Age, April 2019
- Emily Mitchell, Tenure-line faculty, Contemporary Fiction Reading Group meetings, monthly during the semester, fall 2018 - spring 2019.
- Zita C Nunes, Tenure-line faculty, English. Public Lecture and meeting with graduate students: C. Riley Snorton. fall 2018
- Brian Richardson. Tenure-line faculty. English. Twentieth Century Studies Group. Virginia Woolf and Resistance. Nov 29, 2018.
- Jason Rudy, Tenure-line faculty, English. The Spirit Photographer: A Conversation with Jon Varese. October 10, 2018.
- Justin Thompson, Graduate Student, English, Black Radical Reading Group.
Congratulations to all awardees!
Learn more about CLCS grants here. The next deadline for CLCS Academic Programming Grants is set tentatively for 15 October 2018.