Faculty & Staff
The Department of English's faculty and staff have access to a range of resources, including calendars, directories and more.
The Administrative Resource Enterprise Services site is your one-stop shop to locate administrative, faculty and research services.
Testudo offers interactive web services for current students, prospective students and alumni, including the schedule of classes, deadlines and more.
Visit the University Human Resources website for access to all human resource forms, details about employee benefits and information about policies.
View UMD English Policies and Procedures including forms, holiday schedules, and more.
We currently have a dedicated lactation room in Tawes Hall. It is available to any nursing faculty, staff or student mother.
- Includes: tables, chairs, & electrical outlets, restroom down the hall.
- The room is private and lockable.
- Contact Valerie Hornsby (email@example.com) for access and if you have any questions.
View part-time faculty (PTK) forms including Faculty Committee Representation, Faculty Mentoring, Policies and Procedures, Promotions, and more.
The English Department provides staff with the option of teleworking up to one day a week, following the University's teleworking procedures, provided the following requirements are met:
- The staff member's absence does not significantly inhibit the operation of the individual administrative or academic office for which they work.
- The staff member has access to a sufficient remote workspace (see requirements document below).
- The staff member gains the approval of their immediate supervisor, the director of the academic program under which they work (if different), and the director of operations.
The following completed forms must be submitted to the DIrector of Operations (Kevin Nesline, firstname.lastname@example.org) to request telework arrangements: